Friday, February 25, 2011

Making Sense of the Cloud

The tag cloud has become somewhat of a mess. I took it upon myself to try to make a little more sense of it by picking out the most used tags (subject tags with three or more) that were not names of people or publishers.

I thought that I would share my information with you all. I have not gone over the whole list to see if any terms or phrases could be consolidated to clean it up at all; that is something we all may want to consider.

Anyway, here is what I found in terms of hot topic subjects:


Making Sense of the Cloud:
1) The Politics of Education (8)
2) Education Budget (6)
3) Teacher Evaluation (5)
4) Teacher Responsibilities (4)
5) Advanced Placement (3)
5) Diversity (3)
5) English Language Learning (3)
5) No Child Left Behind (3)
5) Value-Added Analysis (3)
5) What are Schools for? (3)

5) What is a Good Teacher? (3)

Not a whole lot of surprises here. We live in a politically charged time, the budget is tight, and the role of the teacher is evolving--causing questions about how they should be evaluated and what their responsibilities are. A big, catch-all tied for fifth, including: the role of testing, teacher evaluation (again), diversity and English language issues, and AP classes.

A little analysis was needed so that I could make sense of the growing blue blob at the top of the blog and I thought I would share it.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I just went through my articles and deleted the tag for "LA Times" and all of my individual author tags. Neither one of those tings were particularly useful. That cleaned it up a little.

    ReplyDelete