Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Game Based Learning

A MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME (MMOG) WITH SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING AND MATHEMATICS (STEM) TOPICS FOR MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL CURRICULUM.
Home

https://www.radixendeavor.org/ from the MIT Education Arcade, a research group at MIT.

I just signed up for this research project/game-based learning opportunity. Its a game that teaches math and biology concepts for middle and high school. They teach through exploration which supports the strength of the subjects being taught rather than drilling facts for points which is a more common style of game-based learning. The research and game are from MIT. Teacher registration has to be accepted but I have mine now. I am anxious to see what it has to offer.
I don't think this is a targeted audience, but I am curious if this type of game would be good for kids with ADHD since they can often focus pretty well in in rich multimedia environments like computer games.

No comments:

Post a Comment