Friday, September 30, 2016

yes to classroom "inspections!"

http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2016/09/28/school-inspections-offer-a-diagnostic-look-at.html

This is a great article about visits they make to classrooms and schools in Vermont and give feedback regarding any and all things noticed in the environment.  What I love is that it always results in positive criticism and steps the team can make to improve what goes on in the classroom.  I have support like this in my district; I have mentors and coaches that come through my classroom and sit down with me later.  It's one of the most useful tools I could ask for, all around.
On the other hand, I don't think it needs to be mandatory.  I view it as an added opportunity, which is where I think the article is coming from as well.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of having check-ups every once in a while. I know it would help me AND the teacher I work with now. Getting feedback can feel like a burden, especially to more experienced teachers. I know right out of the gate, I will need all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete